You would have undoubtedly heard the phrase ‘Content is King’. However, we believe content is a kingdom of information in various forms. Your content, whether it be written or visual, should highlight the essence of your brand, its unique identity and find a way to capture your target audience’s attention.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach that ensures you get the right message in front of the right audience at the right time. It’s not something that can be done at a whim, it requires ideation, planning, content creation, analysis, etc. Through content marketing (combined with digital marketing) you can provide truly relevant and useful content to your prospects and customers to help them solve their issues, rather than just pitching your products or services.
Types of Content
In today’s digital age, we are constantly bombarded with various forms of content. Here are the main types of content that are best suited for a brand:
- Social Media Content
- User-generated Content
- Case Studies
Antyra’s 5 Pillars of Content Marketing
So, how do we go about generating content? Here are our 5 pillars of content marketing.
- Brand & Audience Study – Before we start creating any content, we first carry out extensive research on your brand. We discover what makes it unique, identify the audience we want to reach, and create different customer personas. By identifying the key differences and strengths of your brand, we can effectively position your brand in the vast online sphere.
Before AQUA Forte opened in May 2019, the new restaurant, which offered a unique experience for a niche audience, had to establish its position. By creating customer personas, brand pillars, along with a detailed brand, content and digital strategy, we were able to effectively define and set this position for the brand.
- Content Ideation – Our team of content creators and digital experts huddle together to develop a well-thought-out content strategy. We consider various content themes for different stages of the buyer’s journey and how we can disseminate longer content into other pieces of content.
Our strategy for AQUA Forte included identifying key terms, content pillars and thematics, planning and analysing how the content was received. We also created content targeted at different buyer personas.
- Content Creation – The real fun begins! Our team of creatives work on designing an expansive world of content. From structured web content and long-form blogs to social posts, infographics and videos, we focus on creating content that the brand’s target audience consumes in order to get the message across.
Content creation under the pillars set out for AQUA Forte began alongside the brand launch. SEO-focused blogs, event-based, destination-centred articles, infographics, social media content, etc. were developed to create awareness and increase traffic.
- Content Distribution – Creating great content is only half complete without proper content distribution methods. Publishing your content on platforms that your target audience doesn’t use will mean that your entire strategy could be ineffective. If your audience is primarily on Instagram, but not Twitter, ensure your content is focused and driven primarily on that platform.
Our social and content strategies kicked off before the launch, in order to establish our footprint, create awareness and anticipation for the opening. Digital and traditional media both played a key role in our strategies for the brand
- Content Analytics – Analysing your content performance is crucial. Understanding which types of content, topics, formats, etc. are performing better than others can help improve content performance and engagement.
Through our analysis, we were able to see which type of content was more effective to AQUA Forte’s customer base, and we saw a 1525% increase in organic website traffic (through SEO)!
Benefits of Content Marketing
Whether your goal is to raise awareness of a product or improve your conversion rate, content marketing can help you achieve your business goals.
Here are some of the benefits of content marketing:
- SEO-optimised content will increase online brand visibility.
- Quality, structured content will help position yourself as an authority in your industry.
- Using authentic content (rather than stock photos, for example) can result in a 35% conversion increase.
- Regular content will increase brand awareness and cultivate customer loyalty.
There are a number of elements to consider when developing an effective content marketing strategy. Get in touch with us to elevate your brand presence with an effective content strategy.